My Latest Tweet

9.22.2009

School!!!

So far so good!! Lil' J is loving Kindergarten and A is happy in Grade 2. Meanwhile I am happy for another reason:

I have no idea why, but Alyssa is eating all of the healthy food I've been putting in her lunches. Who is this child? What have they done with my daughter? They look the same, but...

I've struggled with her from day one of her school career to eat healthy food at lunch. No matter what I did, the carrots, grapes, and anything else remotely beneficial would always come back untouched. She'd beg me for cookies and crap like "ALL the other kids get, Mommy!" (which I somehow doubt, but anyway...), and I'd finally give in, and include a small sweet something, which of course would get eaten.

That was before this year. The subject of treats in her lunch has yet to come up, and yesterday she even ate her apple slices that had turned slightly brown.

(Now I just have to hope that blogging about it hasn't jinxed it ;)
____________________
Return to Fine Grind

3 comments:

Jaina said...

Congrats! That's really exciting, I'm glad to hear that she's eating healthy. Here's to hoping she keeps it up! :)

Anonymous said...

That's always the risk. Do I blog about good eating / good sleep / toilet training / etc? Or would blogging just result in a setback?

I hope that the good trend continues for you. :)

Jeanne Elle said...

So far so good, although not as much as in the beginning. Today J brought home his carrots, cukes and oranges instead of eating them, and A brought home her carrots. I think maybe next time I won't put the fig newtons in J's or the bread and jam in A's... (so they won't fill up on those and eat the fruit & veggies instead!!) heh heh, we Moms can be tricky ;)

More Posts!

Blog Upp