My Latest Tweet

12.11.2008

Getting Grains In Little Tummies

My son loves this porridge recipe, so I thought I'd pass it on:

1 1/3 cup water
2/3 cups rolled oats
1 tbsp ground flax
1 tbsp wheat germ
1 tsp honey

Heat ingredients above, stirring until porridge thickens, then remove from heat.

Top with:

1/3 cup frozen blueberries
Cream

It's nice if the blueberries are still frozen because they help to cool the porridge.

This is a quick easy way to get some healthy grains and blueberries into little picky eaters :-)
____________________
Return to Jeanne's Blog List

3 comments:

Stanley! said...

I like the idea of using frozen blueberries to cool the porridge! I'd never thought of that before.

I don't think I'm adventurous enough to try cooking anything that isn't pre-measured and from a pouch, but I'm definitely going to start keeping fruit in the freezer to try that cooling trick out.

Jeanne Elle said...

I love frozen fruit because it's nutritious and always there when you need it.

In the summer I use it in smoothies and in the winter on hot foods like porridge. It's awesome :-)

Jaina said...

I think I may use that recipe for me...

More Posts!

Blog Upp