My Latest Tweet

10.21.2008

Blog Book - The Self Publishing Option

Ohhhh!!!! Look what I found:

http://www.blurb.com/create/book/blogbook

I've been toying with the idea of taking this blog and putting in paper format as a keepsake for my kids.

I used to scrapbook, but don't really have time anymore (blogging is faster and easier 'cause you don't have to have anything printed). Then it occurred to me that if Blogger ever shut down, and my PC (with all the post e-mails) crashed, I'd lose all my content.

Another neat thing about blogging is that quite often you record little moments and thoughts that you (or I, anyway!) might not scrapbook about. It's like a daily journal of your kids life.

I think I might do it... I just have to figure out where the cut off should be. Maybe a yearly book - we're getting close to the of 2008, so maybe in January of 2009 I could create a 2008 book?

I'll keep you posted on what I decide, and how it turns out...

2 comments:

Jaina said...

Sounds like a neat idea. I think you should totally do it. A book a year sounds great, or maybe every 6 months to make it a little smaller each time as well as having that paper copy backup more frequently.

Jeanne Elle said...

I just love the idea. I don't know what the cost would be, but if it's only once a year... that's not so bad.

More Posts!

Blog Upp