My Latest Tweet

1.18.2009

More Sneaking Nutrients Into Kids' Food


Here's a quick and easy way to get some wheat germ and flax into little tummies if they want toast, instead of a cereal type of breakfast (such as porridge).

I make cinnamon toast, which they find irresistible. I toast whole grain bread, then add butter. I sprinkle each slice with about 1/2 tsp of brown sugar (you don't need much, surprisingly), and before I add the wonderful, flavourful and fragrant cinnamon, I also sprinkle a bit of wheat germ and ground flax. I use a knife to spread it all together, cut into pieces and serve.

Mmmm... yummy!
____________________
Return to Blog Scene By Jeanne

3 comments:

sleepingpoet said...

This is a great idea! I'll use it to sneak some healthy food into my own tummy. Lol!

Jeanne Elle said...

Me too, I always have a piece whenever I make it for them :-)

(I couldn't live without Google!!! lol :-)

Jaina said...

Mmmm, sounds yummy!

More Posts!

Blog Upp