My Latest Tweet

10.17.2008

How Much Does The Tooth Fairy Pay?


Good question. I think it depends on zoning in their region (or something), or their local of the TFU (Tooth Fairy Union).

This was us (me and friends over visiting with their kids) backpedalling and scrambling for a story when our kids, two of whom each lost a tooth that day, started comparing payout rates.

(oh geeez!!!)

Visiting boy: "I get $2.25. So I've made $6.75 so far."

Visiting girl: "I've heard some people get ten bucks a tooth!!"

Me: lol "we can't afford that!"

...OOPS!!

Me: "Um, because, uh... then if our tooth fairy paid ten bucks a tooth then we'd have to buy bigger birthday presents. Not that we only spend ten bucks on birthdays, but uh... oh, you know. I think our tooth fairy, uh, invests the extra tooth money in tooth paste research."

(not sure how that went over)

My daughter: "Hey! I only get $2.00 per tooth!"

Me: "uh, honey don't forget the stickers you got, too, with the first tooth. That's like getting an extra $0.25. Then there were the hair clips with the second tooth! Don't forget about that."

There's no way to equalize tooth fairy payment amounts across the board, but it does pay to have some kind of story ready, for when the kids start comparing. (Oh yes, and never ever ever forget that it's the tooth fairy who pays ;-)

4 comments:

April said...

Our tooth fairy is a cheapskate. My girls usually get a buck a tooth.

Jaina said...

I always got $1.

Jeanne Elle said...

I only got 25c!!! (My age is showing ;-) Either that or my tooth fairy was a cheapskate too...

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it's your age!!! I was lucky to get 5 cents, I guess it's age and inflation!!

More Posts!

Blog Upp