My Latest Tweet

7.23.2010

More Homemade Granola Bars

I've modified this recipe slightly, and it's even better!

1) I removed the brown sugar. Honestly, it's sweet enough with all the honey. With the brown sugar it was too sweet.

2) I've added (drum roll) - cocoa powder!!!! This meant removing other spices (nutmeg, cinnamon, etc.) to avoid flavour clashes.

3) I've added sunflower and pumpkin seeds, and chopped walnuts.


Next I'm going to try replacing the oil with peanut butter, to create a chocolate/peanut butter flavour. The only problem with this (and the chopped walnuts) is that I couldn't send that version to school in September because of the rules against nuts (allergies).

Still, why not have a peanut butter version for the summer? I'll let you know how they turn out :)

Return to Fine Grind

3 comments:

Patrice Brown said...

Cool recipe! Sounds good.

melchester said...

Good job for this recipe instead of using sugar you replaced it with honey and added sunflower and pumpkin seed which is good to for kids. Thanks for your recipe.

Jeanne Elle said...

You're welcome! It was fun experimenting with ingredients to come up with something that they'll eat which is still healthy enough to be "mom approved" :)

More Posts!

Blog Upp