My Latest Tweet

7.14.2008

Heh heh heh cont'd ;-)

My latest conquest involves cauliflower puree in homemade mac 'n cheese. Hubby and kids didn't skip a beat and ate it all.

Cauliflower is a good vegetable to use because it has a low key, pleasant flavour and an easy to blend colour. I had my doubts because my husband likes his mac 'n cheese pretty bland and basic, so any changes in flavour should have been noticeable. As it turns out the cauliflower complimented the cheese, so it worked out well :-)

2 comments:

Mom Knows Everything said...

That's a great idea! My kids won't eat cauliflower and that's a great way I could get them to eat it without them knowing about it. Thanks!:o)

Jeanne Elle said...

I'm surprised with how well it works... my two really don't object to it being there. I think the flavour is quite kid friendly, but when they see it, maybe it puts them off? I don't know. All I know is blending it with other food works ;-)

More Posts!

Blog Upp