My Latest Tweet

5.29.2008

Waiting For The Other Shoe...

...to drop.

She's in her bed, after having fallen asleep early on the couch. I picked her up and carried her in there, which woke her up. I told her it was her bedtime, and she just said "OK" and snuggled down into her bed, still in her clothes, not saying a word about her missed bedtime stories. Now I can hear her talking to herself, seemingly wide awake, and yet she still hasn't called me to ask about the stories.

An explanation might be her dental surgery yesterday, which necessitated 1.25 hrs of general anaesthetic. I was NOT happy about having to do that, but that's a whole other post. Anyway, she's been, uh, "recovering" (a.k.a. acting weird) since.

Not alarmingly weird. Not call the doctor, start to panic, omg what did they do to her weird. It's all very subtle, which leads me to think that it's just her body and brain still detoxing a bit.

For example, this morning, the Queen of Dawdling was inexplicably ready for school twenty minutes early. She dressed herself in about ninety seconds flat. She then said "Mommy let's go!! I want to be first in line." To put it in perspective, we have never left early before. She's never gotten dressed without me nagging at her to hurry up. We've never left the house for school without me playing the roll of "Let's Move Or We'll Be Late" drill Sergeant.

The fact that she's at the moment wide awake and not concerned that she's not had her bedtime stories has me shaking my head... as in, Oh my GOD the universe is on it's EAR shaking my head. I'm not sure what to expect next, but I'm on the edge of my seat waiting...

No comments:

More Posts!

Blog Upp